Is your current in vitro assay truly predictive of in vivo outcomes?
In addition to being robust and simple, the ideal in vitro assay should closely mimic activity in vivo to predict the therapy’s long term behavior in animal models, and ultimately, in human patients.
To gain a more complete and nuanced view of cancer cell killing, the xCELLigence® Real Time Cell Analysis (RTCA) instruments capture dynamic cell behavior that can be missed by labor-intensive endpoint methods.
Reap the benefits of game-changing predictivity with xCELLigence® Real-Time Cell Analysis (RTCA) instruments:
- Label-Free: No 51Cr, no luciferase, no dyes…NO PROBLEM
- Astonishingly Simple Workflow: Plate target cells, add effector cells, and start reading
- Read an entire 96-well plate in 15 seconds
- Run up to 6 plates independently, with no scheduling conflicts
- Monitor target cell killing continuously from seconds to days
- Exquisite Sensitivity: Monitor target cell killing at low, physiologically relevant effector:target ratios
- Diverse Effector Cells and Molecules: TIL, NK, CART, TCR, checkpoint inhibitors, BiTEs, etc.
- Quantitative, Real-Time Kinetics: Highly accurate and highly reproducible
How is xCELLigence® RTCA used for cell killing assays?
The xCELLigence® Real-Time Cell Analysis (RTCA) instruments utilize patented microtiter plates (E-Plates®) which contain gold biosensors embedded in the bottom of each well. These biosensors continuously and non-invasively monitor changes in cell number, cell size, and cell-substrate attachment quality.
Step 1: Adherent target cells (i.e. tumor cells) are first seeded in E-Plate wells. The biosensor signal, which is plotted as a unitless parameter called “Cell Index”, increases as cells attach and proliferate and then plateaus as cells approach 100% confluence (see data plot below).
Step 2: When added subsequently, non-adherent effector cells (i.e. immune cells) in suspension do not cause signal changes in and of themselves (due to lack of adherence to the gold biosensors).
Step 3: If effector cells induce the destruction of the target adherent tumor cells, the corresponding cytolytic activity can be sensitively and precisely detected. The continuous acquisition of data for each well of an E-Plate enables the generation of real-time killing curves for multiple conditions simultaneously.
Step 4: Using an intuitive graphical interface designed specifically for the immuno-oncologist, the xIMT Software monitors cell killing in real-time (upper data plot), followed by calculation of specific parameters such as %cytolysis (lower data plot), IC50, KT50, etc.
Featured xCELLigence RTCA systems for immune cell killing assays:
|Dual Purpose||Single Plate||Multi Plate||High Throughput|
|3×16 wells||1×96 wells||6×96 wells||Up to 4×384 wells|